Please Support the Garfield Community PTSA Annual Fund
THANK YOU! We surpassed our 2018-2019 goal of $125,000!
When you donate to the Annual Fund—whether it’s $10 or $1,000— your student benefits, as do ALL students at Garfield High School.
The Garfield Community PTSA’s Annual Fund—powered by your donations—funds a wide variety of programs aligned with the vision and goals of your school and boosts the success of every student at Garfield in many ways, such as:
- Student achievement programs: We provide financial support for AmeriCorps teacher aides, Y-Scholars and College Access Now, College & Career Center advising, the Writers in the Schools writing success program, and a variety of other
- Classroom needs: We provide stipends to teachers and also purchase basic classroom supplies, library materials, studio art and photography supplies, sets of books for classrooms, and much
- Health and student wellness: We help fund the athletic trainer and provide financial support for students and families in crisis.
- Race and equity: We support the student-driven Congress of Racial Equity (CORE) and its cultural relations program.
- Small grants: These include subsidizing yearbooks for low income 12th graders and supporting the debate and robotics teams, the Black Student Union, and many
- Social functions: We help fund social events including the 9th Grade & New Family BBQ, college and career success nights, and the Safe & Sober Grad Night
There are many ways to make your tax-deductible donation: You can send cash or write a check, donate online using VISA or MasterCard, set up United Way payroll deductions, or donate shares of stock—all donations are welcome! Be sure to check with your employer about matching donations—these are a major source of funding for the PTSA and can double or even triple your own contribution.
On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, thank you for your generosity. Every dollar helps sustain and strengthen all the qualities that make Garfield so outstanding.
Thank you, and go Bulldogs!
|Staff & Volunteer Appreciation||$3,500|
|9th Grade T-Shirts||$3,000|
|Lobbying & Advocacy||$500|
|Total Community Support||$43,500|
|Career and College|
|College Access Now (CAN)||$5,000|
|Senior Awards Night||$3,500|
|Total Career and College||$15,500|
|9th Grade Social||$3,000|
|First Day Student Packets Printing||$2,500|
|Constant Contact (email)||$600|
|Teacher First Day Packet||$500|
|AmeriCorps (PE, LA/SS, Science)||$36,000|
|Writers In The Schools||$5,000|
|Studio Art Supplies||$4,500|