Please Support the Garfield Community PTSA Annual Fund
Our 2019-2020 goal is $135,000! Current progress –
When you donate to the Annual Fund—whether it’s $10 or $1,000— your student benefits, as do ALL students at Garfield High School.
The Garfield Community PTSA’s Annual Fund—powered by your donations—funds a wide variety of programs aligned with the vision and goals of your school and boosts the success of every student at Garfield in many ways, such as:
- Student achievement programs: We provide financial support for AmeriCorps teacher aides, Y-Scholars and College Access Now, College & Career Center advising, the Writers in the Schools writing success program, and a variety of other
- Classroom needs: We provide stipends to teachers and also purchase basic classroom supplies, library materials, studio art and photography supplies, sets of books for classrooms, and much
- Health and student wellness: We help fund the athletic trainer and provide financial support for students and families in crisis.
- Race and equity: We support the student-driven Congress of Racial Equity (CORE) and its cultural relations program.
- Small grants: These include subsidizing yearbooks for low income 12th graders and supporting a variety of student clubs.
- Social functions: We help fund social events including the 9th Grade Social, college and career success nights, and the Safe & Sober Grad Night.
There are many ways to make your tax-deductible donation: You can send cash or write a check, donate online using VISA or MasterCard, set up United Way payroll deductions, or donate shares of stock—all donations are welcome! Be sure to check with your employer about matching donations—these are a major source of funding for the PTSA and can double or even triple your own contribution.
On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, thank you for your generosity. Every dollar helps sustain and strengthen all the qualities that make Garfield so outstanding.
Thank you, and Go Bulldogs!
Tracy Reed, Chair, 2019-2020 PTSA Annual Fund
|Staff & Volunteer Appreciation||$3,500|
|Yearbook Family Support||$2,500|
|Lobbying & Advocacy||$100|
|Total Community Support||$36,600|
|Career and College|
|College Access Now (CAN)||$6,000|
|Total Career and College||$14,000|
|First Day Student Packets Printing||$2,000|
|Constant Contact (email)||$1000|
|Teacher First Day Packet||$500|
|AmeriCorps (PE, LA/SS, Science)||$50,000|
|Teacher Classroom Supplies||$20,000|
|Teacher Professional Dev.||$10,000|
|Faculty Advisor Support||$2,000|
|Honors For All||$5,000|
|Studio Art Supplies||$4,500|
|Turn It In||$4,200|
|Other School/BLT Requests||$32,000|
|Student Health & Wellness|
|Senior Awards Night||$3,500|
|Total Student Health & Wellness||$95,000|
|9th Grade Social||$1,500|
|Total Parent Engagement||$14,500|
|Race & Equity|
|Total Race & Equity||$2,000|