During Advisory this week, administration is asking students to be reminded of school dress code policy.
Here is the policy according to the student handbook:
- Students are encouraged to feel comfortable and express their individuality in the clothing that they choose to wear; however school is a place of work and students must dress accordingly
- Dress must not promote violence, be racist, sexist, homophobic, vulgar, imply gang affiliation, or disrupt the educational environment
- Dress should also not advertise or display any product or service not permitted to minors by law
- Clothing must cover their torso — front and back — to mid-thigh area (and straps are required over both shoulders), regardless of gender
- Footwear must also be worn
When students are sent to the office or to an administrator, students will be ask to put on appropriate clothing if available.
If not, they will be sent home to dress as the dress code describes.