The WAVE Foundation’s Discover Your Power program is excited to announce free summer workshops for Puget Sound teens.
Through Empowerment Self-Defense, we’ll teach teens to set boundaries with their bodies and voices, use assertive communication, utilize de-escalation techniques, hone intuition, be active bystanders, and recognize the red flags that often precede both sexual assault and relationship violence. We’ll also teach basic physical self-defense skills.
Summer offerings are as follows—please click on the links to sign up:
Self-defense for teen girls and those who identify as female, ages 13+: http://bpt.me/2546149
- Wednesday, July 5 @ 1 – 3 PM
- Thursday, Aug. 3 @ 10 PM – noon
Safety and self-defense for LGBTQ youth, ages 13+:
- Thursday, July 6 @ 1 – 3 PM
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 10 AM – noon
Bystander Intervention, ages 15+: http://bpt.me/2973079
- Friday, July 14 @ 10 AM – noon
- Wednesday, August 23 @ 1 – 3 PM