Thank you to the Roosevelt HS eNews for the following information (bold added for emphasis):
SPS recently came to Roosevelt and presented an overview of Naviance, their new online college and career planning tool. A description of the Naviance program and its implementation can be found here. Here are some takeaways from the presentation. Questions and comments should be sent to email@example.com.
- This is an opt-out program, so all students are automatically opted in.
- Students can log in to Naviance through the district’s student portal starting September 24th.
- Students will receive information sessions at school on how to use the program.
- Students can explore career options on Naviance by taking self-discovery surveys, researching specific career paths, and even viewing Roadtrip Nation Career Interviews.
- Naviance provides guidance and information on both college and alternate career pathways.
- Students will be able to use Naviance to access the Common App for colleges, request transcripts, track recommendations, and search for college scholarships.
- This year’s seniors will NOT be using Naviance to apply to colleges in order to minimize anxiety due to any potential problems in the roll out of the new program.
- Parents will NOT have separate access to their child’s Naviance account this year. A parent login portal will be rolled out next school year. Parents can still access the program with their child at home using the student portal.