The Seattle Public Library is holding several financial aid workshops at libraries around the city. Get one-on-one assistance completing the FAFSA and WAFSA.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 12 at the Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
- 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29 at the Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1906.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16 at the International District/Chinatown Branch, 713 Eighth Ave. S., 206-386-1300.
- 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14 at the NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S., 206-386-1905.
- 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020 at the Columbia Branch, 4721 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1908.
What to Bring
- Your social security number. If you are not a U.S. citizen, bring your alien registration number or I-797 form.
- Your income information. W-2 forms from all jobs worked in 2018, or a 2018 tax return.
- A parent. If you are under 24, we recommend coming to the workshop with at least one parent. However, this is not a requirement.
- Your parents’ financial information. Bring your parents’ 2018 tax returns.
If your application isn’t completed in the allotted workshop time, follow up support will be arranged through the Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) Post-Secondary Success Program. Questions about what to expect at a financial aid workshop? Please contact Emily at ReWA or call 206-721-8453.
Library events and programs are free and everyone is welcome. Registration is not required.
For more information: