The Seattle Times Education Lab article linked below highlights several proposed legislative bills relating to Washington public schools.
Proposed legislation includes:
- House Bill 2220 to allow some parents with past criminal records to volunteer in their children’s schools
- Senate Bill 6073 to provide free feminine hygiene products in schools
- House Bill 2233 to expand dual-credit (high school and college) access to 9th Graders
- Senate Bill 6066 to require the State Superintendent’s office identify and make available ethnic studies materials for grades K-6 (in addition to grades 7-12), and
- House Bill 2201 to restrict gendered sports competition.