Fall 2016 PTSA Small Grants Awards
Thanks to the generous donations of our Garfield community, this fall the PTSA Small Grants Committee funded 18 requests from student groups and teachers! We’re really proud of the PTSA support we receive and the diversity of grant requests we are able to fund. Here are some highlights of where our small grant dollars were spent:
- Debate team support for tournaments
- Robot parts for the Robotics team
- Support for a Black Student Union event
- Risers for the choir
- Physical Education drumming program support
- Books for Latin classes
Finally, thanks to everyone who applied. We encourage all student groups, faculty and staff to apply in Spring 2017 as well. If you have questions, please contact the chair: Lisa Horwich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTSA invites you to apply for project funding though our small grant process. Grant funds are donated by family, friends, alumni and faculty to support our school.
- FALL: Proposals are due (email or hard copy) by Friday, September 23, 2017. We recommend that Fall grant funds be spent and requests for reimbursement turned in by Friday, January 27, 2018.
- SPRING: Proposals are due by Friday, February 3, 2018.
- All awarded monies must be spent and requests for reimbursement turned in by Friday, May 19, 2018.
- The committee will make every effort to contact you with their decisions approximately three weeks after the grants due date.
Click here to download a Small Grants Application – GHS PTSA 2016-17 Small Grants Application
Click here to download a Small Grants Application Information – 2016-17 GHS Small Grants Application Information
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTSYour application must be signed by a GHS staff person who is knowledgeable about the proposal.
- If you are GHS staff, you’ll need the signature of your department head or a designated faculty/staff member.
- Student proposals must be signed by a Faculty Advisor.
- Fill out the one-page form and attach a clearly detailed budget.
- Secure the necessary signatures of faculty/advisor approval. The faculty advisor may forward the request by email with their comments or sign the application.
- Turn in hard copy to the PTSA box in the front office, or send a Word doc or PDF via email to the address(es) below (preferably both).
Funding shall favor proposals for projects that:
- Seek to increase academic achievement or decrease disproportionality.
- Positively affect the greatest number of students.
- Have favorable impact on academic or vocational competence.
- Do not appear to have any alternative source of funding.
- Are the most cost-effective way of accomplishing the purpose.
This is a small grant program, not a bridge loan or cash flow program. Funds may not be used to settle debts. Please be clear about how the money will be spent, when it will be spent, and the minimum amount you will need while still being successful.
Lisa Horwich at email@example.com
Sometimes we receive more requests than we have available funds. However, a high proportion of the proposals are funded, so please take the time to apply. We try our best to award these grants to assist our students, supporting your good ideas. Thank you for all you do for Garfield.