Last year we awarded grants for the following:
- ACT Artist in Residence Program
- Copies of Maritime Northwest Garden Guide for Horticulture Class
- Robotic parts and field kit for the Dawgbotics Club
- Tickets to see A Raisin in the Sun at the Seattle Rep
- Subsidize tournament participation for the Debate Team
- Choir Risers
- Key Club Convention fees
- Track and Field Awards banquet
- 100 copies of Into the Wild
This is just a small proportion of the initiatives the PTSA has funded through the generosity of our donors.
- FALL: Proposals are due (email or hard copy) by Friday, OCTOBER 6, 2017. We recommend that Fall grant funds be spent and requests for reimbursement turned in by Friday, January 27, 2018.
- SPRING: Proposals are due by Friday, February 9, 2018.
- All awarded monies must be spent and requests for reimbursement turned in by Friday, May 19, 2018.
- The committee will make every effort to contact you with their decisions approximately three weeks after the grants due date.
Click here to download a Small Grants Application –PTSA Small Grant Cover Letter Spring18
Click here to download a Small Grants Application Information – PTSA Small Grant Application Spring18
Your application must be signed by a GHS staff person who is knowledgeable about the proposal.
- If you are GHS staff, you’ll need the signature of your department head or a designated faculty/staff member.
- Student proposals must be signed by a Faculty Advisor.
- Fill out the one-page form and attach a clearly detailed budget.
- Secure the necessary signatures of faculty/advisor approval. The faculty advisor may forward the request by email with their comments or sign the application.
- Turn in hard copy to the PTSA box in the front office, or send a Word doc or PDF via email to the address(es) below (preferably both).
Funding shall favor proposals for projects that:
- Seek to increase academic achievement or decrease disproportionality.
- Positively affect the greatest number of students.
- Have favorable impact on academic or vocational competence.
- Do not appear to have any alternative source of funding.
- Are the most cost-effective way of accomplishing the purpose.
This is a small grant program, not a bridge loan or cash flow program. Funds may not be used to settle debts. Please be clear about how the money will be spent, when it will be spent, and the minimum amount you will need while still being successful. PTSA Small Grants Reimbursement Form
Lisa Horwich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes we receive more requests than we have available funds. However, a high proportion of the proposals are funded, so please take the time to apply. We try our best to award these grants to assist our students, supporting your good ideas. Thank you for all you do for Garfield.