The Puget Sound ESD Student Assistance Program is a resource available to students and their families. The program aims to reduce the impact of alcohol, tobacco, other drug use, and mental health challenges on academic, social, and emotional development in students.
Student Assistance Counselor:
- Screen for high risk behaviors
- Provide consultation to parents and staff
- Make referrals to community resources
- Provide case management to school support teams
- Facilitate skill-building support groups for students
- Coordinate school wide prevention activities and classroom presentations
- Offer informational workshops for parents, teachers, PTSA, etc.
- May be requested by parents or students
- May occur as a result of school discipline
- May come from school personnel when a student shows behavior that suggest risk to academic success
- Are confidential
PLEASE SEE Student Assistance Brochure FOR MORE DETAILS.