The Seattle Public Library has just launched Tutor.com. Tutor.com has over 3,000 highly vetted expert tutors, who can help youth with schoolwork, tutoring and academic coaching on a variety of subjects in a safe and secure online classroom. 1-1 help is available in math, writing, science, history, foreign languages, college essay writing, Advanced Placement (AP) courses and more.
- Service is available 7 days a week, 2-10 p.m. in Spanish/English and 4-7 p.m. in Vietnamese
- Students can use their microphone to communicate with tutors, we hope this will be easier for English language learners
- Teens and adults can use this service to get help with filling out job applications and writing cover letters and resumes
Here is a short video about the service: https://www.spl.org/programs-and-services/learning/student-success/virtual-tutoring
Families and students may need support connecting with Tutor.com:
- Support in learning how to navigate The Source to find student ID numbers
- Help to turn their Student ID numbers into Library Link numbers, www.spl.org/LibraryLink
- Understand the benefits of Tutor.com and help folks log in using their library card/pin or Library Link number/pin. www.spl.org/VirtualTutoring
For more information, see the attached flyers in English and Spanish.