Please Support the Garfield PTSA Annual Fund
Our 2023-2024 goal is $150,000!
When you donate to the Annual Fund — whether it’s $10 or $1,000 — Garfield students will benefit.
The Garfield PTSA’s Annual Fund — powered by your donations — funds a wide variety of programs aligned with the vision and goals of the school for the success of every student. Your gift will support investments such as:
- Staff support: We mount staff appreciation events and help underwrite teacher professional development.
- Student achievement programs: We flex with Garfield staff’s requests, and in 2023-24 will again provide significant funding for Y-Scholars and College Possible.
- Classroom needs: We provide stipends to teachers and also purchase vital items such as Library books and art and photography supplies.
- Health and student wellness: We help fund the athletics trainer and provide financial support for students and families in crisis.
- Small grants: We fund teacher/staff/student projects costing between $200 and $2,500. (Applications are reviewed by the Building Leadership Team.) Examples: Student club expenses; a portable sound system; counseling-services software; and creation of a “Calming Room” for students or staff needing a de-escalation space. Learn more!
- Social functions: We hold community-building events, such as grade-level parent/caregiver meet-ups, college and career success nights, and teacher appreciation. We subsidize and host the Safe & Sober Grad Night (year-end celebration for seniors) with scholarships and sliding scale entry.
Wondering exactly what’s in the 2023-24 budget?Learn more here.
HOW TO DONATE
There are many ways to make your tax-deductible donation:
- Use Visa or MasterCard online
- Set up United Way payroll deductions (contact us)
- Donate shares of stock (contact us)
- Send cash or write a check to:
c/o Garfield High School
400 23rd Ave.
Seattle WA 98122
Any amount is welcome!
Check with your employer about matching donations—these are a major source of funding for the PTSA and can double or even triple your own contribution.
On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, thank you for your generosity. Every dollar helps sustain and strengthen all the qualities that make Garfield so outstanding.
Thank you, and Go Bulldogs!