Please Support the Garfield PTSA Annual Fund
Our 2022-2023 goal is $140,000!
When you donate to the Annual Fund — whether it’s $10 or $1,000 — Garfield students will benefit.
The Garfield PTSA’s Annual Fund — powered by your donations — funds a wide variety of programs aligned with the vision and goals of the school for the success of every student. Your gift will support investments such as:
- Staffing support: PTSA funds have helped restore in 2022-23 a part-time position to coordinate volunteering and improve communication with families.
- Student achievement programs: We flex with Garfield staff’s requests, and have provided financial support for Y-Scholars, College & Career Center advising, essay writing tools, and other academic programs.
- Classroom needs: We provide stipends to teachers and also purchase basic supplies such as Library books and art and photography supplies.
- Health and student wellness: We help fund the athletics trainer and provide financial support for students and families in crisis.
- Small grants: We fund teacher/staff/student projects costing between $200 and $2,500. (Applications are reviewed by the Building Leadership Team.) Examples: Student club expenses; a portable sound system; counseling-services software; and creation of a “Calming Room” for students or staff needing a de-escalation space. Learn more!
- Social functions: We hold community-building events, such as grade-level parent/caregiver meet-ups, college and career success nights, and teacher appreciation. We host the Safe & Sober Grad Night (year-end celebration for seniors) with scholarships and sliding scale entry.
Wondering exactly what’s in the 2022-23 budget? Download it here.
HOW TO DONATE
There are many ways to make your tax-deductible donation:
- Use Visa or MasterCard online
- Set up United Way payroll deductions (contact us)
- Donate shares of stock (contact us)
- Send cash or write a check to:
c/o Garfield High School
400 23rd Ave.
Seattle WA 98122
Any amount is welcome!
Check with your employer about matching donations—these are a major source of funding for the PTSA and can double or even triple your own contribution.
On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, thank you for your generosity. Every dollar helps sustain and strengthen all the qualities that make Garfield so outstanding.
Thank you, and Go Bulldogs!