The Garfield PTSA invites GHS Staff and Student Clubs to apply for project funding through our Small Grants program.
Applications are considered several times a year by the Building Leadership Team (BLT), a group of PTSA volunteers, teachers, and staff representatives that also strives to welcome regular student participation in these and other decisions.
Applications are evaluated for factors including:
- How many students will benefit.
- How sustainable or measurable the proposal effects are beyond a single year.
- How each project serves students who have been traditionally underserved.
- Initiatives without adequate alternate funding resources.
The rubric attached to the application has more details about evaluation. (Download is below).
This is a small grant program (typical grants have ranged from $200 to $2,500), not a bridge loan or cash flow program. Funds may not be used to settle debts.
Sometimes we receive more requests than we have available funds. However, a high proportion of the proposals are funded, so please take the time to apply. We try our best to award these grants to assist our students, supporting your good ideas. Thank you for all you do for Garfield!
Your application must be signed by a GHS staff person who is knowledgeable about the proposal.
- GHS staff proposals must be signed by your department head or a designated faculty/staff member.
- Student proposals must be signed by a Faculty Advisor.
- Download the BLT Small Grant Application and Rubric (below).
- Fill out the form and attach a detailed budget. Please be clear about how the money will be spent, when it will be spent, and the minimum amount you will need to be successful.
- Secure the signatures necessary to show faculty/advisor approval.
- Email the completed application (Word doc or PDF) to the contacts below.
Complete applications will be considered only if they are received at least one day in advance of the designated BLT review meetings. In 2022-23 those BLT meeting dates are:
- October (past)
- November 28
- February (date TBA)
- May (date TBA) if funds are still available
Decisions are typically available one day after the meeting.
If you have read all above information, you can now download the BLT Small Grant Application and Rubric:
- Jared Sessink, email@example.com
- Jamie Rees, firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff should direct questions to Mr. Rees. Others should contact the PTSA addresses below. Contacts and dates are updated each year – if this page lacks that information or appears out of date, questions may be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.