This Saturday the City of Seattle is holding a special recycling and reuse event this Saturday, March 31, from 9 AM – 1 PM at the Woodland Park Gravel Parking Lot (west of the Upper Woodland Tennis Courts).
Accepted items include:
- Appliances (e.g., washers, dryers, and refrigerators)
- Clothing / linens (any condition except wet)
- Electronics (e.g., computers, DVD players, and TVs)
- Small furniture items (this one they ask for “good condition only”)
- Household goods (e.g., books that you don’t want to put in your local Little Free Library, dishware, games)
- Styrofoam (clean, please remove tape)
- Compact fluorescent lightbulbs
There’s a full list of what they’ll accept on the Waste Management website. Not on that list are things like automotive waste, broken furniture, construction waste, hazardous waste, batteries, and just anything that is garbage. … Thanks to the Wallyhood blog for this information.