UPDATED! More Details on ORCA Card Summer Extension
We are pleased to announce that your student’s ORCA transit card will be available for use by your student through the summer, until August 31. Your child will receive a new card at the start of the school year.
This summer extension is only available to students who have claimed their ORCA card by June 20, 2019.
New ORCA card requests will be processed weekly through June 20 and must be picked up at the Seattle Public Schools John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence located at 2445 3rd Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98134. ORCA cards will not be mailed, no exceptions.
ORCA cards are valid for youth fare on the following:
- Bus: Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, Pierce Transit, and Sound Transit
- Rail: Sound Transit Link light rail and Sound Transit Sounder train (including Rail Plus partnership with Amtrak Cascades)
- Streetcar: Seattle Streetcar
- Ferry: King County Water Taxi and Kitsap Local Ferries and Fast Ferries
- Access Transportation: Metro and Kitsap Transit Access Transportation (eligible riders only)
Riders are responsible for paying any additional fares required for services not covered, or not fully covered by their assigned ORCA card. For more details about Metro routes, schedules, and conditions of use, please call Metro Rider Information at (206) 553-3000 or go online to access Metro Trip Planner at http://tripplanner.kingcounty.
Students are responsible for keeping their assigned ORCA card in good condition through the summer. Reporting a lost, stolen or damaged ORCA card should be done immediately so we can deactivate the card to prevent unauthorized use. After June 25th, replacement ORCA cards may be acquired by contacting Ms Rosa Gonzalez at TransORCA@SeattleSchools.org. Cards will only be available for pickup on Tuesdays.
- A replacement fee of $5.50 will be charged to the student for a lost, stolen or damaged ORCA card for the first occurrence during the school year.
- Any subsequent lost, stolen or damaged cards will require a replacement fee of $25.00.
The Orca Card Program Manager Office
Department of Transportation
Seattle Public Schools