The Seattle Public Schools Skills Center is accepting applications for their free school year courses. These advanced Career and Technical Education courses prepare students for college, career, and life. They have classes in health care, media arts, education, and skilled trades like the Maritime Vessel Operations course.
- SPS Students who are in 11th or 12th grade may take school year Skills Center courses (10th graders may also join if the class fits their schedule).
- Presently, classes are conducted through remote learning, but once we return to in-person learning, van, school bus, or taxi transportation is provided to Skills Center courses from a student’s home school and back to their home school.
- Classes take place in 3 period blocks and students earn 3 high school Career and Technical Education (CTE) credits.
- Some courses offer opportunities to earn math, science, or English high school credit, industry certifications, and free college credit.
- Students may take a Skills Center course at any location, regardless of the high school they attend.
- Sign up online at http://skillscenter.seattleschools.org/ and talk to your school counselor to make sure the class fits your schedule.