We want to say Thank You to each and every one of you for giving and donating countless hours of your time over the last three months for Garfield students, teachers and community.
- Thank You for sending auction procurement letters, storing donations at your homes, setting up over a 100 items for the silent auction, making countless phone calls for dessert donations.
- Thank You for recruiting student performers and volunteers, planning and recording the amazing Garfield community video, designing floor plans for table arrangement, coordinating, decorations, dinnerware and tableware. Hiring caters, menu selection and manning the buffet.
- Thank You for creating a display of student art work, making sure we had wine and beverages and a wine toss, coordinating a list of volunteers for set-up and clean-up, ordering food for student performers and volunteers, creating advertisement forms.
- Thank You for your outreach to Golden Grads and alumni, planning the schedule of events for the night, marketing the gala through social media, Garfield’s PTSA webite. Conducting interviews and submitting stories about the gala to community papers and blogs.
- Thank You for getting everything set-up into Greater Giving and managing ticket sales, creating seating arrangements, numbered table tents, planning and set-up for PB &J. Completing the final reconciliation for the gala.
This Gala was made possible by All of You! We are extremely grateful for your commitment to the students, teachers and the Garfield Community and its legacy. If we forgot anyone, we apologize and know that everyone’s contribution to the Gala was extremely important.
We hope you will join us after spring break for a Volunteer Gala Appreciation. Please be on the look out for a date, time and location.
With Much Appreciation,
Lisa Fitzhugh & Barbara Rockey