Please Support the Garfield Community PTSA Annual Fund
Our 2020-2021 goal is $130,000! Current progress –
When you donate to the Annual Fund—whether it’s $10 or $1,000— your student benefits, as do ALL students at Garfield High School.
The Garfield Community PTSA’s Annual Fund—powered by your donations—funds a wide variety of programs aligned with the vision and goals of your school and boosts the success of every student at Garfield in many ways, such as:
- Student achievement programs: We provide financial support for AmeriCorps teacher aides, College & Career Center advising, the PSAT test for our 9th graders, and a variety of other academic support programs.
- Classroom needs: We provide stipends to teachers and also purchase basic supplies such as sets of books and art supplies.
- Health and student wellness: We help fund the athletic trainer and provide financial support for students and families in crisis.
- Race and equity: We support the student-driven Congress of Racial Equity (CORE) and its cultural relations program.
- Small grants: These include subsidizing yearbooks for low income 12th graders, and support for a variety of initiatives reviewed by the building leadership team.
- Social functions: We help fund social events including the 9th Grade Social, college and career success nights, and the Safe & Sober Grad Night.
There are many ways to make your tax-deductible donation: You can send cash or write a check, donate online using VISA or MasterCard, set up United Way payroll deductions, or donate shares of stock—all donations are welcome! Be sure to check with your employer about matching donations—these are a major source of funding for the PTSA and can double or even triple your own contribution.
On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, thank you for your generosity. Every dollar helps sustain and strengthen all the qualities that make Garfield so outstanding.
Thank you, and Go Bulldogs!
Tracy Reed, Chair, 2020-2021 PTSA Annual Fund
Below is a table of PTSA budget expenditures for the 2021-22 school year, approved during the June 2021 PTSA Board meeting. Note that this budget is approved with the understanding that adjustments may be made upon new Principal Dr. Hart’s arrival over summer/fall 2021.
|Staff & Volunteer Appreciation||$5,000|
|Yearbook Family Support||$2,500|
|Lobbying & Advocacy||$100|
|PTSA Racial Equity Training/Outreach||$3,000|
|Total Community Support||$39,100|
|Career and College|
|College Access Now (CAN)||$6,000|
|College Essay Writing Software||$1,500|
|Total Career and College||$15,500|
|First Day Student Packets Printing||$2,000|
|Constant Contact/Web Hosting/Zoom||$2,250|
|Teacher First Day Packets||$500|
|AmeriCorps (PE, LA/SS, Science)||$44,000|
|Teacher Classroom Supplies||$20,000|
|Teacher Professional Dev.||$10,000|
|Student of the Month||$1,000|
|Studio Art Supplies||$4,500|
|Other School/BLT Requests||$28,000|
|Student Health & Wellness|
|Senior Awards Night||$3,500|
|Total Student Health & Wellness||$100,000|
|School Outreach Support||$13,000|
|9th Grade Social||$2,000|
|Total Parent Engagement||$15,000|
|Membership Fees to WSPTSA||$500|
|PTSA Operating Expenses||$1000|
|Annual Fund Expenses||$2,500|
|Total PTSA Operating Expenses||$24,000|