King County has established an Eviction Prevention and Risk Assistance Program. GHS teacher, Mr. Rees, is available to help eligible families apply. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
Tenants must meet BOTH of the following eligibility requirements:
- Income is at or below 50% of the Area Median Income over the past 60 days; and
- At least one month of rent is not paid or partially unpaid since March 1, 2020.
In addition, tenants must meet ONE or more of the following requirements:
- Rent-burdened: 50% or more of current monthly income is needed to pay rent.
- Previously homeless within last five years; includes experiences of couch surfing/doubled up.
- Eviction history within last seven years.
- Housing disrupted due to household member race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or religion.
- At risk of severe illness as per the Centers for Disease Control: 62 years old or older, underlying health condition.
- Disability of any household member. Includes a physical, developmental, mental, or emotional impairment, including impairment caused by alcohol or drug abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, or brain injury. A person with HIV/AIDS is considered disabled.
For more information, contact Mr. Rees at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-940-9008 or see: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/community-human-services/COVID/eviction-prevention-rent-assistance/tenants.aspx