Principal Shareef’s 4/12/21 newsletter covers cohort assignments, the attestation process, and a call for parent volunteers to help welcome students back to Garfield with a clap-in.
AM I IN COHORT A OR COHORT B FOR THE RETURN TO SCHOOL?
As we attempt to balance and finalize our cohorts for our return to the building on Monday, 19 APR, we are asking that families request any changes to the REMOTE or HYBRID/IN-PERSON status by Thursday the 15th at 5 p.m.
Once requests are in, we can balance cohorts. Once cohorts are balanced, we will be able to publish cohort assignments over the weekend, on the student schedules, via The Source. Requests to change your student’s REMOTE or HYBRID/IN-PERSON status should be sent by the parent/guardian, by Thursday, to the Registrar MLCHOW@seattleschools.org.
Garfield has nearly 500 students in each Cohort! Bulldogs Let’s Go!!
Here’s the problem, we have to check-in each student and get them off to class. In order to do it as quickly as possible please make sure you’ve completed your attestation before you get to school.
1. If you have your phone and have already done your attestation open your big Green Approved Check screen.
2. Show that screen as you enter the Fast Lane door at the main entrance. You’re good to go!
3. If you have not done your attestation but do have a phone, use the QRD Code posted ( Qualtrics Attestation QR Code for Students and Staff.pdf )or being walked through the crowd as you are in line. Once you’ve completed that you will be able to enter at the main entrance also.
4. If you do not have a phone, please enter on the west side of the building. There you will be able to check-in with the help of a staff member on our attestation IPads.
Finally, this note from Ms. Bigham:
CLAP IN !!
Hello GHS Families!
On Monday & Thursday (April 19th & 22nd), we will welcome back students with a fun and energetic clap-in! A clap-in is a social-distanced activity in which a line of school community members claps as students come back into the building. We are asking for parent volunteers for one or both days to welcome our Bulldogs back in style!
Ultimately we would need volunteers for three (3) areas:
1. Setup of decorations and music (9:45a-11a)a
2. Clap-in Activity (11:20a-12p)
3. Clean-up (12:15-1p)
This is an extremely energetic activity so we encourage all parents to bring positive-affirming posters, wear purple and prepare to clap-in over 500 students!
If interested please sign up at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrLTppxBn98EABcK4Swzgy7KYEpZCwfzb-EL3WgA-JKPFVKw/viewform