The Foster School of Business’ Young Women’s Leadership Summit is targeted at rising high school seniors who identify as female. Students in this program will explore the world of business through workshops and discussions with faculty, alumni, current students, and professionals. The focus of the Summit is to introduce students to the areas of Finance, Operations and Supply Chain Management, and Information Systems. While these areas are the main focus of the Summit, students will also learn about professionalism, leadership, and what to expect in a college business setting as they prepare to pursue an undergraduate education
2021 YWLS Dates:
- The 2021 YWLS will be fully virtual and will take place from July 7 to July 30, 2021.
- Be a rising high school senior (Class of 2022)
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (unofficial transcripts are required)
- Participate in extracurricular activities (as showcased through your activities and achievements submission in the application)
- Have a demonstrated interest in learning more about business (either through activities, coursework, or as exhibited through the personal statement)
- Submit a fully completed online application before the deadline (this includes a parent/guardian permission form, if applicable)
- Having a GPA below a 3.5 does not automatically disqualify your application. Please take the opportunity to share why your GPA may be lower in your application.
- First generation college students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application & Deadlines:
- Access the online application here: https://tinyurl.com/FosterYWLS
- Priority Application Deadline: Thursday, April 1, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
- Final Application Deadline: Saturday, May 1, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
- Please note, applications will be accepted until May 1st, but applications submitted by April 1st will be given priority review.
Student Program Fee:
- There is no cost to participate in the virtual YWLS.