- Apply to colleges (Reach, Match, Safety) and/or apprenticeship programs.
- Complete the FAFSA/WASFA soon after October 1st.
- Register for Oct/Nov SAT I, ACT, and/or subject test (if necessary).
- Stay abreast of all scholarship opportunities through the College/Career Center (Seattle Promise, Garfield Golden Grad, MLK, etc.).
- Visit college, trade, and/or technical schools. Talk to admissions representatives who visit the Career Center. Attend college and career programs sponsored by the Counseling Department.
- Seek letters of recommendation. Give teachers sufficient notice.
- Order cap and gown for graduation ceremony.
- Apply for scholarships (use the computer and other resources in the College/Career Center).
- Apply to summer opportunities and internships.
- Get College & Career Admission Decisions!
- Review financial award letters in the Career Center and with a counselor.
- Notify counselor of your admission status as you hear from colleges.
- Solidify your post-graduation plans.
- Continue applying to scholarships.
- Secure housing with financial deposit.
- Attend job fairs.
- Identify adult mentor(s) to contact post-graduation.
- Participate in Senior Signing Day!
Congratulations! You’ve made it to Graduation!