Free Summer and School Year Skills Center Courses
Applications for Seattle Skills Center’s free summer and school year courses are now available online on the Skills Center website (here). The Seattle Skills Center prepares students for college, career, and life through advanced Career and Technical Education courses.
Summer Skills Center:
The Summer Skills Center is open to incoming 9th through 12th graders. All courses are free. Summer courses run at a variety of locations from July 8 to August 2, 11:30 AM to 4:15 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Earn 0.5 high school Career and Technical Education credit
- Learn new skills that might lead to a more focused experience in high school, college, and career
- Meet new friends
Transportation to the Summer Skills Center is not provided, however, if a student doesn’t have an Orca card, please let us know so we can help you obtain one.
Skills Center in the 2019-20 School Year:
We have classes in a wide range of career pathways at several locations around the city. Check out our map and application on our website (here).
- Students who are 16 to 20 years old may take school year Skills Center courses
- Classes run 2.5 hours, Monday through Friday
- Students earn high school Career and Technical Education (CTE) credit
- Some courses offer chances to earn math, science, fine arts or English high school credit, dual college credit, and industry certifications
- Some courses may lead to opportunities for internships and pre-apprenticeships
- Students may take a Skills Center course at any location, regardless of the high school they attend
- Transportation is provided to and from Skills Center courses from a student’s home school
- Sign up online at http://skillscenter.seattleschools.org/ or use a paper application, and talk to your school counselor to make sure the class fits your schedule.
We hope to see you in one of our summer or school year courses!
Principal of the Seattle Skills Center