Garfield Community 2019-20 Supply Drive
Join the GHS community and contribute to the Supply Donation Drive for students and teachers for the 2019-2020 school year!
The start of the school year is a time when students and teachers need the most support. As a community, we want all students to have access to resources that help them feel prepared for class. And, we want our teachers to be confident their students can access resources at school.
Below is a list of supplies that are needed for the Supply Donation Drive. The Drive is underway now and runs through Thursday, Oct. 31.
*Currently the greatest need is for 1.5″ 3-ring binders*
- 3-Ring binders
- Folders (2 pockets)
- Loose leaf paper (college-ruled or wide-ruled) *No more needed at this time*
- Composition notebooks
- Graphing notebooks
- Spiral notebooks (one, three, or five subject)
- Pencil pouches
- Highlighters (yellow, pink)
- Pens (blue, black, red)
- Backpacks (12 in solid colors) *No more needed at this time*
- USB drives
- Mechanical pencils (with lead)
- Binder dividers
- Scientific calculators
- Reams of colored paper (for teachers pastels preferable, but some bright colors would also be useful)
- Poster board (classroom projects, single-/tri-fold)
- Granola bars (Cliff, Kind Bars, and Nature Valley)
- Trail Mix (blend of almonds, peanuts, raisins and M &M’s)
- Peanut Butter crackers (individually packaged)
Donated supplies will be organized and stored in the office of Ms. Porcia Beard. Ms. Beard has been assigned this student support role by Principal Howard.
Stores to shop for supplies:
- Amazon (Please have items mailed to Garfield High School, 400 23rd Ave. Seattle, WA 98122, Att: Porcia Beard)
- Office Depot/Office Max
Dropped-off supplies should go to the main office to the attention of Porcia Beard. If you have additional questions, please contact Ms. Beard at (206) 252-2270, Extension 4.
Thank you for supporting this year’s Garfield High School Supply Drive!
Garfield High School Community