Did your current Junior earn poor grades in middle school on a high-school-level course such as Spanish 1 or Algebra 1? There is a June 2024 deadline to work with a counselor on options to change the impact of such courses on the official high school transcript.
The counselor can further explain:
- How the middle school grades affect high school GPA and class rank. (Class rank can be a small factor in college admissions. It is set according to “weighted” GPA, a calculation that sets an “A” as worth 4.5 points in honors level courses and 5.0 points in AP and college-level classes.)
- The impact on graduation requirements if one or more of these credits are removed from the high school transcript.
GHS counselors ask that Class of ’25 students take action by June 1, 2024. The three primary options for the middle school courses are to:
- keep those credits and grades on the official transcript
- keep those credits but switch some or all grades to “pass”
- remove some or all of the credits from the official transcript