Keep Using that Free ORCA Card

Anyone under age 19 is now entitled to free rides on public transportation in Washington. This has led to changes in use and distribution of youth ORCA Cards.

  • A student who received an ORCA Card at school in a previous year should register it on the MyORCA website, to ensure it will work through their 19th birthday.
  • A student needing their first ORCA Card (or a replacement) should use the MyORCA website, and be prepared to upload an image of their student ID or a document showing age.
  • Even without an ORCA Card, a student should be able to board Metro buses and many other transit services by showing a middle school or high school ID Card.
  • Seattle Public Schools will no longer provide or replace ORCA Cards.

The SPS website has further information.