The Garfield PTSA invites GHS Staff and Student Clubs to apply for project funding through our Small Grants program. Applications are considered several times a year by the Building Leadership Team (BLT) in November, December, February and May. The Building Leadership Team is comprised of one PTSA volunteer and teachers, staff, and students (student members currently pending).
Grant applications are evaluated for
- how many students will benefit.
- how sustainable or measurable the proposal effects are beyond a single year.
- how each project serves students who have been traditionally underserved.
- initiatives without adequate alternate funding resources.
Applications and questions about how to apply should be submitted by email or in person to this year’s co-chairs Ms Cohan or Mr Manzin. Decisions about projects to be implemented in the 2020-2021 academic year will be made on November 19, and subsequently on dates near the end of each quarter (please check back for confirmation of those dates). Complete applications must be received at least three days in advance for proper consideration.
Click here to download a Small Grants Application –BLT Small Grant Request Rubric
Your application must be signed by a GHS staff person who is knowledgeable about the proposal.
- If you are GHS staff, you will need the signature of your department head or a designated faculty/staff member.
- Student proposals must be signed by a Faculty Advisor.
- Fill out the one-page form and attach a clearly detailed budget.
- Secure the necessary signatures of faculty/advisor approval. The faculty advisor may forward the request by email with their comments or sign the application.
- Turn in hard copy to the PTSA box in the front office and send a Word doc or PDF via email to the address(es) below.
This is a small grant program – typical grants have ranged from $200 to $2000 – not a bridge loan or cash flow program. Funds may not be used to settle debts. Please be clear about how the money will be spent, when it will be spent, and the minimum amount you will need to be successful.
Sometimes we receive more requests than we have available funds. However, a high proportion of the proposals are funded, so please take the time to apply. We try our best to award these grants to assist our students, supporting your good ideas. Thank you for all you do for Garfield.