Would you like a rewarding, flexible job? Are you considering a career in education? Many prospective educators start off as teaching assistants and subs.
- SPS transportation provider First Student is recruiting bus drivers – hourly rate is $26.00-$31.40 plus a sign-on bonus.
Review all job openings and apply at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/seattleschools
Frequently Asked Questions about Substitute Positions
Q: What are substitute teacher requirements?
- bachelor’s degree,
- academic preparation for or experience in teaching a culturally, racially, and economically diverse student population in an urban school system,
- valid Washington State Teaching Certificate or Washington State Substitute Teaching Certificate.
Q: I don’t have a teaching certificate. Can I be a substitute teacher?
A: We support emergency substitute certificates for hard-to-fill schools and subject areas. If you would like to become an emergency substitute, please fill out the online certificated substitute application. If you are interested in completing this process, please email Deniece Edwards.
Q: What are Paraeducator substitute requirements?
- an associate degree, two years of college, or a passing score on the
Paraprofessional assessment test,
- one year of related paid or volunteer work experience,
- valid State of Washington Driver’s License.
Q: How do I schedule the
A: To schedule a Paraprofessional testing appointment, please visit the SPS scheduling system to make an appointment. The cost to take the test is $55, payable by check or money order. Please contact the Human Resources Department front desk to ask about a study guide for the test. Contact: 206-252-0215 or email@example.com