Students will get IDs, lockers and more at Orientation sessions in the Garfield Gym Aug. 16-19. These events are for students; a Welcome Session for families is expected to be held the week of Aug. 22.
Student unable to attend their grade level’s Orientation can come on a different day, although the 9th Grade will have a special 3-hour version. The school is expected to announce alternatives for students unable to attend any of the following dates:
- Aug. 16: 9th Grade – 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Aug. 17: 10th Grade – 10-noon
- Aug. 18: 11th Grade – 10-noon
- Aug. 19: 12th Grade – 10-noon
Activities available on all days include:
- taking school pictures
- receiving a laminated school ID and locker assignment
- touring the building
- purchasing school gear if wanted
- paying fees such as the Associated Student Body activities charge. Cash-only at Orientation. To make credit card payments, families should go online use SchoolPay at their convenience.