Student Success Services at the Seattle Public Library
The Seattle Public Library offers academic coaching, one-on-one tutoring, math and reading skill-building games and activities, service learning credits, college prep and more. New this year, help is now offered at the Greenwood Branch and Bitter Lake Community Center. Find out more information at the Student Success pages for children and teens.
Library events and programs are free and open to the public. Registration is not required.
Drop-in Homework Help
Homework Help volunteers support students’ academic success by helping them develop reading and math skills, understand homework assignments and prepare for college. Volunteers coach students in all academic subjects; this could include reading, skill building games and may also specialize in college-prep subjects.
Homework Help is offered after school at the following locations:
- Beacon Hill Branch, 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 206-684-4711.
- Bitter Lake Community Center, 13035 Linden Ave. N., Teen Room, 206-684-7524.
- Broadview Branch, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-7519.
- Columbia Branch, 4721 Rainier Ave. S., 206-386-1908.
- Douglass-Truth Branch, 2300 E. Yesler Way, 206-684-4704.
- Greenwood Branch, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N., 206-684-4086.
- High Point Branch, 3411 S.W. Raymond St., 206-684-7454.
- Lake City Branch, 12501 28th Ave. N.E., 206-684-7518.
- NewHolly Branch, 7058 32nd Ave. S., 206-386-1905.
- Northgate Branch, 10548 Fifth Ave. N.E., 206-386-1980.
- Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave S., 206-386-1906.
- South Park Branch, 8604 Eighth Ave. S., 206-615-1688.
Students may also use the Ask a Librarian reference service to find information or get a question answered. The service is available 24 hours a day.
VOLUNTEER FOR STUDENT SUCCESS
The Library is seeking additional volunteers who can assist students with their homework. There are openings at the Beacon Hill, Columbia and High Point branches. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
For more information, call Andra Addison, communications director, at (206) 386-4103.