“Take a Knee for Justice,” the 50th Anniversary Commemoration of MLK Day, will be held at Garfield HS on Monday, Jan. 15, 2018, inspired by the athletes who are taking a public stand to highlight racial injustice and police violence, especially toward people of color.
- Opportunity fair in the Commons from 8:30 – 11:30 AM (pre-registration only, no walk-ins: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-mlk-seattle-career-opportunity-fair-tickets-41525097685)
- Workshops in classrooms from 9:30 – 10:50 AM
- Rally in Gymnasium @ 11 AM
- March at 12:30 PM
- Rally at end of march, location TBA
- Shared meal back at Garfield High School Commons