Become a Summer HungerCorps Associate
AmeriCorps invites graduating seniors to join the team to end childhood hunger in King County by becoming a Summer HungerCorps Associate. Summer Associates will be trained by United Way of King County and placed at Summer Meals sites to distribute free lunch to children under 18. Associates are stationed at parks, libraries, and community centers to hand out food. This helps alleviate the burden on low-income families during a time when their children can’t get meals at school.
- Summer Associates are paid a bi-weekly stipend of $1,027.
- These are full-time jobs for a set amount of time (Summer positions are 10 weeks).
- Completion of a service term includes a Segal Education Award ($1,459 for summer).
- Individuals who complete their service receive special consideration for a full-year position with UWKC AmeriCorps beginning in the Fall.
Below is a list of partner organizations that are offering positions:
- Renton Parks and Recreation (Renton)
- YMCA of Greater Seattle (Auburn, Tukwila, Kent, Redmond)
- Hunger Intervention Program (North Seattle/Lake City)
- Neighborhood House (Auburn, Seattle)
- Mercy House Northwest (Kent, Seattle)
- Seattle Parks and Recreation (Seattle)