- Plan meeting to review transcript with counselor; this will be the last full academic year of grades colleges will see.
- Identify appropriate colleges, trade, or technical schools via Naviance or Niche.com.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT. It counts!!
- Register for SAT and/or ACT (important if you are considering early decision.)
- Attend the college programs sponsored by the career center, counseling department and PTSA (admission presentations, college/career fairs, field trips).
- Consider getting information on scholarships, apprenticeship programs and trade and technical schools.
- Consider an internship for senior year
- Spend time in the College/Career Center exploring materials. Find out about summer enrichment programs.
- Become familiar with college and job applications. Abide by both school and college deadlines.
- Assemble a file of materials collected from colleges, trade, and technical schools and those distributed by the Career Center (Letters of Rec, Personal Statements, activities list, resume, etc.)
- Make an appointment with your counselor for you and your parents to discuss post-high school plans.
- Plan to engage and participate in summer opportunities.