Course Change Requests & Start of School Counseling Information

Students can submit valid course change requests from Wednesday, Sept. 5 through Wednesday, Sept. 12 only. Forms and change requests will not be accepted after 3:45 PM on September 12. The course change request forms are available on the Garfield School Counseling website under the “Forms” tab. Directions are listed on the forms, please be sure to follow the directions, incomplete forms will not be processed or completed.

Course change forms will ONLY be processed for the following reasons:

  1. You have a hole in your schedule or are not assigned a class for a particular period of the school day
  2. You are missing one of your CORE classes (Language Arts, Math, History, or Science)

Only submit ONE form per student for both 1st & 2nd semester. There will not be another opportunity to change courses for 2nd semester!

*Course change forms for elective courses and/or teacher preferences will NOT be considered!*

If you requested a World Language and did not get the World Language you requested, this is because there are only so many spaces available and 11th and 12th graders have the priority for those spaces.   

If you are transferring in to GHS with a previous 504 plan, please make sure the counseling office has a copy on file as they will be using this version until the proper steps have been met to develop one for GHS.

If you are interested in starting a 504 plan, the counseling office will need you to complete and submit a 504-3 form (available on the SPS website) and documentation outlining the disability and potential accommodations from a healthcare provider.

If you are interested in signing up for an online Health or online Washington State History, please see Ms. Alston the third week of September and be sure to listen for the announcements, check the Daily Bulletin, and the GHS app regarding when to come see her for appointment scheduling.

If you need to speak with someone in the counseling office, please contact Ms. Traci, our Counseling Secretary at (206) 252-2304.

If you are newly assigned to GHS for the 2018-2019 school year, please contact Mrs. Chow, our registrar, at (206) 252-2285.

Have questions? Visit the Garfield Counseling website at