Message about Medications Kept at School

Greetings, Garfield families!

If your student keeps medication at school with me (ibuprofen, Benadryl, albuterol, insulin, epinephrine etc.), please ensure that you or your student pick it up on or before the last day of school, since it cannot be kept safe or functional over the summer break—the temperature in the building is not controlled.

If your student does need medication at school during the 2017-18 year, on their person or that is normally stored in my office, they will need a new medication authorization filled out for next school year, with a parent/guardian signature and a prescriber’s signature (even for over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen). You can have the healthcare provider fax it in to Rich Ramsey, your nurse for 2017-18, at (206) 743-3121, or you or your student can bring it in. You also have the option for us to fax it to your provider for their signature—just make sure you provide that fax number to us on the form!

Thanks for your help—I hope you have a relaxing and restorative summer break and a productive 2017-18 school year, and I’ll see lots of you in the fall 2018.

Nurse Miller