We will post some important dates and information for the Class of 2024 as they become available. Garfield maintains a Class of 2024 info page.
JUNE 17 is the 2024 Graduation Date! Location and time TBA.
Milestones and deadlines
June [TBA]: Senior Finals
June [TBA]: Senior Breakfast in the Commons, 9am
- Students can pick up P&W or gold cords & valedictorian medals during this time
June [TBA]: Senior Check-Out via e-mail (see details below)
June [TBA]: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal in the Gym, 10am
June 17: Graduation Ceremony at [location, time TBA]
- Students should arrive by [TBA]
Senior Check-Out [Past procedures — subject to change for the Class of 2024]
- The student’s counselor will send an email to the student’s school email account stating that they have either met graduation requirements or that they need to complete additional tasks in order to meet graduation requirements.
- The counselor’s email stating that a student has completed all graduation requirements will serve as the “ticket” to enter the graduation ceremony. Students must be prepared to show the counselor’s email as they enter the graduation ceremony.
- Students with outstanding issues will have to meet with their counselor on a drop-in basis to resolve the issues.
Seniors must complete the following prior to check-out:
- Naviance (instructions below)
- Build a Resume (make sure to follow instructions all the way to the end)
- After High School Plan
- SPS Grad Survey
- Strengths Explorer or Achieve Works activity
- Complete the Garfield Post High School Survey [TBA].
- Complete your PE test and submit any remaining PE waiver forms
- If you took and passed Personal Fitness, no need to take the test (this is the only exception to taking the PE test).
- If you already took the test, you passed and are good to go (no need to email about it).
- If you have not taken the PE test and did not take and pass Personal Fitness, please reach out to your school counselor ASAP.
- PE waiver forms are available on the school counseling website and hard copies are available in the Counseling Office.
Take care and finish strong!